Monday 28 June 2010

Leaving Cochabamba...Onwards to Rio...

So tomorrow is my last day in Cochabamba. I am flying to Asuncion, Paraguay tomorrow afternoon, spending the evening in the airport, (fun times! Though I have experience of sleeping in Asuncion airport, so I know a good place to sleep!) and then leaving very early the next morning for Rio.

As much as I am excited to go to Brazil (less excited about dealing with Portuguese) and looking forward to seeing a new country, I will miss Cochabamba.

I am hopeful that I will be coming back to Bolivia and Cochabamba in August, however the visa regulations have changed, so I have absolutely no idea whether I will be allowed back in to the country and if I am, whether I will have to pay an extortionate amount of money. In typical Bolivian style, no one has any idea about the new immigration rules.

I have absolutely loved every minute of my time in Cochabamba, the people, the climate, waking up every morning surrounded by beautiful scenery. Travelling at the weekends has been amazing, every trip was different, I feel like in Bolivia wherever you go, you never see the same thing twice, the country is full of different extremes, its like several countries in one. Bolivia is a beautiful country and one still largely untouched by tourists which makes it even better!

I will miss Cochabamba and all the amazing people I have met here. Hopefully the next chapter of my travels in Brazil will be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment